Sunday, January 22, 2012

My beautiful eShakti dress!



I cannot express how much I love this dress! I'm always keeping my eye out for retro-inspired dresses, and this one really caught my eye as soon as I saw a friend had posted it on Tumblr. I immediately rushed to eShakti.com to check it out. 


I bought it when it was on sale for $32.95. However, I had a $20 off code so the total came out to a whopping $12.95 with free shipping! Such a great deal! (So much so, that I bought it in red, as well!) 


I'll be honest... I've heard some mixed reviews about eShakti. I was slightly worried about the quality, but with such a great deal, it wouldn't have been a big loss. However, this dress is very well made! The fabric is sturdy and it hugs my curves in all the right places. It's also very comfortable. The only down-side is that it wrinkles quite a bit. I ironed and steamed the heck out of it. I wore it for about 5 hours today and it didn't wrinkle too bad, though. Oh, and it has a side zip which is almost impossible to zip up on your own! 


I love the full skirt! It makes me feel so pretty. I felt like spinning in circles all day!


I wore it to go antique shopping with my Mom. I bought a vintage telephone pin which will surely show up in a future OOTD post.


I paired it with this purse. I got it at Charming Charlie  last week. If you haven't heard of Charming Charlie, it's an accessory store! Everything in the store is color-coded. Check 'em out!


 This dress shows quite a bit of cleavage, so it'll definitely show off the goods, haha.


And lastly, my manicure. It's basically a coat of black polish with a coat of silver glitter and OPI's Rainbow Connection on top. I used a matte topcoat, then added glossy black tips.

If you love the dress, you can find it here! The color I purchased is no longer available, but you can get it in red or royal blue! It's $64.95, but if you are new to eShakti, when you sign up they will send you a $20 off gift certificate! This dress is definitely worth it!

Finally, the details:

Dress - eShakti 
Cardigan - Ross 
Belt - Torrid 
Tights - Avenue 
Maryjanes - Payless 
Bag - Charming Charlie


1 comment:

  1. I love the dress Ali. It's beautiful on you!!! It's a shame that eShakti doesn't deliver to Europe :(.

    ReplyDelete