Sunday, December 25, 2011

It's Christmas!

I decided to fancy it up for Christmas. I have been feeling a little down lately. The holidays are hard when you're in a long distance relationship. Instead of letting myself have a bad day, I put on a cute outfit and forced myself to be happy.


I bought this awesome cardigan at Sears on clearance for 50% off. I scored it for $25! Red and black is my favorite color combination (be prepared for tons of red & black outfits!), so it had to be mine!


I love nail art. I may not be great at it, but it's still lots of fun! I used my Konad stamping kit to add little hearts to the end of my nails. Konad has so many cute designs, and it ends up being so much cheaper than getting a professional manicure! This design was a little more Valentine's than Christmas, but whatever.


Can I just take a minute and tell you how much I love these shoes?! I have been looking for the perfect pair of flat maryjanes for the longest time! These babies were only $19.99 at Payless! I love them so much that I just might have to buy a second pair.


Here's me and my sweet baby, Betty. She's all dressed up, too!

Outfit details:
Cardigan - Sears (50% off!)
Black dress - Wal-mart from several years back. $19.99
Fishnet tights - Avenue
Maryjanes - Payless $19.99
Belt - Forever 21
Headband - Ross
Earrings - Betsey Johnson (From Ross as well... only $12!)
Necklace - Etsy



My sister and her kids came over for a little while and we all opened presents and ate lots of good food. I made some Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes for dessert. I actually just used a boxed cake mix (I always fail at baking cupcakes from scratch!), but I made the frosting from scratch. 



My Mom got me a leopard print purse and sunglasses! She obviously knows how much I love leopard print, you guys!

So, all in all, I had a pretty decent Christmas. I wish Dan was here to share it with me, but hopefully we'll have many a Christmas in the future to celebrate together.

Merry Christmas, everybody!


1 comment: